Thursday, November 10, 2011

Things have gotten really vertical

and fucking Rachel Harrison has found her way into my studio and I can't get her the fuck out!   It is a little frustrating!

So it has been an ok week,  I never feel as busy as I want to be though.   Ill just put up some pictures of work...  The tall stretchers are my next project, stemmed from the smaller ones I made a while back, as well as Chris Martin's painting on stilts that was at The Corcoran, that was taken down by the time I got down there....  I really like the form, it invokes a protest sign, a WWF fan sign, someone mentioned african rituals, they are also paintings personified in a way, I mean they literally have legs....  so yea, honestly they bore the shit out of me right now as they are, so Ill be working on them for a while and they will eventually go in the project space when my time comes I think.









Last Friday, I went to the city for class to do studio visits.  I thought it was really good even though we didn't get to spend a lot of time with the artists.  It was more time than Ive ever spent in a 'professional's' studio so I can't complain that much.  I did have a lot of questions for Allison though, that I didn't get to ask....

After that I met up with some more friends and went to Bartolami Gallery for a Jonathan Meese performance.
Link
It was funny, I was drunk from a show that had free vodka in water jugs, it was entertaining and ridiculous, people got mad, I'm not sure if it is a sustainable idea but what the hell Im glad I went, and I even got my hands on his devil puppet and gave him a hug afterwards.

Goals for this week:  Keep fucking shit up, bring work to be shown at Art House to Art House, read "Ecce Homo" by Isabelle Graw in this months art forum....

this is too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment