Thursday, November 17, 2011

Joshua Neustein, Sergej Jensen, N.Dash

Untitled Gallery

I saw Sergej Jensen's show at PS1 last spring... I thought it was just smart.  Interesting to try to talk about too.  Like I guess it's in the realm of painting because he is definitely in conversation with abstraction.  But there is no paint to be found... its really pretty cool.  And like I said about Maria Walker in an earlier post, the image almost seems accidental sometimes, or even inconsequential in this case. So what kind of a gesture is that? Interesting... My only criticism is how similar all 3 artist's work is... which is of course why they are grouped together, but I could almost ascribe it all to one of them.  Which bugs me because I think that working this way makes it really easy to come up with a pleasing final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment