Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Studio Journal 1

Ive been pretty productive I spose.  I always try to get in the studio and at least move some shit around for a few hours each day.  Im really trying to be a studio rat these days.  Ill start with some images of what Im working on now and what my studio looks like.








 
 I cant get any good pictures of this thing but it's done and I don't have a title for it yet.





 

 Works in progress




 "The sun shining into my studio at exactly 2pm" 


So Ive been reading about Katharina Grosse, I think she is wonderful and the way she approaches painting is very free and extremely interesting.  There is a good article about her exhibition at Mass MoCA in this months Art in America, as well as a good interview on the magazine's website. 
Im trying to get up to Bard and Dia to see the Blinky Palermo show.  I also like him a lot but really need to see the work in person.  
The list of things to do this week is as follows:
1. Finish at least 2 of the things Im working on right now
2. Try to decide "why I make art" and "what my art is about" so I can talk about it at a little potluck dinner get together me and a few friends are organizing.
3.  Try to catch up to my work.  I feel like I have all of these ideas about art and material and image and object and space and shit but nothing to make art about.... I feel productive as far as making stuff goes but I maybe need to focus.
4. keep going to the studio everyday.
5. Write write write about what Im doing and ideas I have.
6. Read some of the articles I scanned from the Art Criticism booklet put out by Stoney Brook
7.  Have fun









1 comment:

  1. Katharina Grosse is a good person to look at, scale wise it's very different. I would also look at Jessica Stockholder as well (I think she may be "out of vogue" by now but she is still worth looking at).

    ReplyDelete